Wednesday, June 10, 2009

You Say Goodbye & I Say Hello

Today was glorious. The sun glowed fiery on the horizon this morning as I said my goodbyes, jumped in my car and headed West. The landscape was quite dull until I passed Mojave, CA. Then the rolling golden hills appeared.

Let me back up. Did you know you can't bring fruit into California from Nevada? I didn't...and when the guard asked me if I had any in my vehicle I totally forgot about the bananas and apples in my cooler. Ooops. (Note to self: US/Canadian border won't take this as lightly).

Here are some of the sightings of my day:

Wind Towers


Magnolias

Rolls Royce Phantom



There was also an endless amount of agriculture farms, fruit trees and vineyards...and cows. Stinky stinky cows. This was all made pleasant by the wonderful music I listened to today. I am so impressed by my friends....more to come on this later.

I made great time and am staying in Redding tonight. I am off to the Redwoods early tomorrow. A longtime dream, finally fullfilled.

"If you don't get lost, there's a chance you may never be found."
~Author Unknown


1 comment:

  1. Did you go up the 5 in California past Harris Ranch? We used to drive that and you DO have to hold your breath when driving by the cattle yards. But their restaurant and bakery is SUPERB. It was almost the exact halfway point between our home in Santa Monica and my in-laws in Grass Valley so we stopped there often. And usually left with several loaves of cinammon bread!

    ReplyDelete