Thursday, June 11, 2009

Beautiful Dawn

My car was covered in moisture this morning from last nights rain. I departed Redding west on the 299 after filling up on gas and coffee. At Starbucks I picked up a copy of Dave Matthews Band newest CD "Big Whiskey and the Groo Grux King”. I will let you know what I think once I break it out of it’s plastic cocoon. I am definitely in the land of trees and mountains now. Just miles outside of Redding, the road opened up into a beautiful valley cradling Whiskeytown Lake. I began to climb in elevation and the road soon turned into switchbacks resembling those in Oak Creek Canyon. After the summit, I descended into a valley of fog. Beautiful mysterious fog. Everything is getting bigger as I head towards the coast. Moss coats the side of trees and rocks. I love how lush and green everything is.


I forgot to charge my camera’s battery last night (duh) -- so I am getting free WiFi at a Burger King in Weaverville, CA and juicing up my battery. Onto Crescent City from here.

"A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition."
—William Arthur Ward

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous photo of that glowing tree in the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for allowing me to be part of this great journey!Love You!

    ReplyDelete