Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Departure

I left Monday afternoon (everything fit in das auto!). Just before my departure, I snapped a shot of my Volkswagen's speedometer --- 113,073. I show you this to emphasize the length of the 3,400 mile trek ahead of me. I plan to share a similar pic upon my arrival in the Yukon. Thank you to all of you who participated in Project :: V Dub Music. I am looking forward to the musical enlightenment ahead of me (among others).

There were no tears. Just a swarming hive of joy and excitement in my tummy. As I left Sedona the sky was overcast and the wind warm. Perfect. There is no doubt I will miss AZ.

The first leg of my journey brings me to Sin City (a last minute addition). I am in Las Vegas to soak up some quality time with one of my bestests. [ Hot dish! ] I hit the road again early tomorrow morning. In a nutshell, my seven State/Province trip is the following: AZ to NV to CA to OR to WA to BC to YT.

" The future is no place to place your better days." 
 ~ Dave Matthews

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess,
    We are ready for you. If your Dad hasn't already I would suggest that you drive the Stuart Cassiar highway. Big fire at the Liard Hotsprings that is causing intermittent Alaska Highway closures.
    XOXO
    Drive safely
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Up From The Dust isn't one of the links you love! (smile)

    ReplyDelete