Saturday, June 20, 2009

[Butter My] Biscuit Recipe

I baked biscuits today to accompany lunch's soup. This delicious and simple recipe is courtesy of Anne Jessup. The recipe below should yield you a dozen tasty tidbits. For today's meal, I doubled it.

Biscuits

1 tsp sugar
2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp butter
2/3 cup buttermilk

Mix the first 5 dry ingredients together. Cut in the butter. At this point, I improvised by adding some crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup for the doubled recipe), 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp basil, and 1/2 tsp dill. You can ad whatever you like.I then added the buttermilk and mixed until ingredients were well incorporated.

Preheat the oven to 375*f. Drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until done.

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment