Sunday, November 1, 2009

Last Days in Whitehorse

I was asked to stay another day before departing for Whistler -- my wonderful friends threw a bon voyage party for me. It was a feast for a King (or Queen). White coho salmon, champagne, salads and lots o' lots of pie!! All in all it was a wonderful day. Anne, Harvey and I began the day on snow shoes. We took Kramer and Buddy for a last walk before my departure, down by wolf creek past the beaver dam and back up through the aspen trees.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer evening. I am constantly finding myself thankful for all the wonderful people in my life. Leaving Whitehorse was definitely bittersweet. I had re-kindled some amazing friendships and will miss everyone so...but can't wait for all that lies ahead. The Yukon will always be home, and I know I will be returning soon.

Last walk (snowshoe) with Anne, Harvey, Kramer, & Buddy

The gang!

JD apple pie (thank you LJ)

Champagne Toast

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

~ Maria Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment